WHY YOU MUST FIND TIME TO GO FOR EXERCISE
You know daily exercise is good for you but do you know your life actually depends on it?.
Exercise is any bodily activity that enhances or maintains physical fitness and overall health and wellness. Exercise delivers oxygen and nutrients to your tissue and helps your cardiovascular system work more efficiently. And when your heart and lung health improve, you have more energy to tackle daily chores. What happens to your body when you don’t exercise, have you thought about what will happen when there are zero exercises? Or when you go without exercising for a significant amount of time?. While we can safely agree that there are some lifestyle habits ( from drinking, smoking, eating excessive junk) that can be detrimental to our well being, not moving a muscle throughout can be similarly bad, which can lead to, less efficient heart, weaken muscles, struggling to get a good night sleep, disrupts blood sugar level, bad mood, and increase heart diseases and so on.
Do you want to feel better, have more energy, and even add years to your life? Just exercise. The health benefits of regular exercise and physical activity are hard to ignore. Everyone benefits from exercise regardless the age, sex, or physical ability. Need more convincing to get moving? Check out ways, exercise can lead to a happier, and healthier you.
1. Exercise helps you maintain a healthy weight: Exercise can help prevent excess weight gain or help in weight loss when you engage in physical activity, you burn calories. The popular misconception that exercise is for only fat people is not true as everyone needs to maintain a standard weight to continue to live healthily.
2. Exercise reduces the risk of heart diseases: Exercise strengthens the heart and improves circulation. This helps lower the risk of heart diseases such as high cholesterol, coronary artery and heart attack.
3. Exercise promotes sleep: Exercise helps you fall asleep faster and easier and stay asleep longer.
4. Exercise improves mood: Physical activity stimulates various brain chemicals that may leave you feeling happier, more relaxed, and less anxious.
5. Exercise helps the body manage blood sugar and insulin levels: Exercise can lower your blood sugar level and help your insulin work better. This can cut down your risk for metabolic syndrome and type2 diabetes.
6. Exercise is fun and social: Physical activity can also help you connect with family or friends in a social setting.
7. Exercise strengthens your bones and muscles: Regular exercise can help you build strong bones especially if you start early in your teens. Later in life, it can also slow the loss of bone density that comes with age.
Whether you engage in light exercise such as going for a walk, or high-intensity activities, for example, uphill cycling or weight training, regular exercise provides a huge range of benefits for the body and mind.
Exercise doesn’t necessarily need so much time, create a little bit of your time to keep you healthy and strong daily. It’s not too late to start.
I hope you find this page helpful
Brought to you by Life Clinic NG: Written by Elizabeth Nawa